Why Work Here
Mangum & Associates is a well-established firm, with a 42-year track record of providing premier accounting services, tax return preparation, and related advisory guidance to small business clients throughout the piedmont region of the Carolinas. We value the meaningful relationships forged with our clients, and pride ourselves in quality work, attention to detail, and giving clients the peace-of-mind to focus on what they love doing because they know their tax/accounting responsibilities are in trustworthy hands! The current team at Mangum & Associates, led by our new president, will continue to honor our history while expanding into a very promising future.
- 1 PTO day per month
- Simple IRA after 1 year of employment
- HRA Plan
- 8 paid holidays
- A company you can personally and professionally grow with.
We are looking for a tax preparer with problem solving skills, great attention to detail and is self-motivated.
- Provide superior customer service excellence to small business clients
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Efficient Multitaskers that enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Proficient at researching issues and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize in a deadline driven environment
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent data entry skills with high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding attention to detail and thoroughness
- 3 or more years of relevant tax experience
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software programs
- Experience with Thomson Reuters UltraTax CS software preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite required
Preferred Expertise/ Responsibilities:
- Individual Tax Preparation
- Corporate & Partnership Tax Preparation (C & S Corp)
- Multi-state Tax Preparation
- Tax Planning
- Responding to Federal & State Notices
- Tax Related Research
- Prepare adjusting entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly financial reporting packages for clients.
- Prepare and post adjusting journal entries in QuickBooks as needed to organize the tax file for preparation
- Identify and organize client documentation. Coordinate with clients or internal staff to obtain missing information.
- Prepare work paper detail to summarize data and prepare for tax preparation.
- Maintain client fixed asset listing in fixed asset software program.
- Prepare Federal and State Corporate, Partnership, Trust and Individual income tax returns.
- Review accuracy of tax returns and identify and communicate potential tax savings strategies to management.
- Respond to client inquiries, Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax authority notices.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests and related special projects, as required.
- Maintain and comply with all work standards reducing risk exposure for the firm.
Salary $50-80k based on experience