Staff Accountant/Admin Assistant
Entry - Training Level
Why Work Here
Mangum & Associates is a well-established firm, with a 42-year track record of providing premier accounting services, tax return preparation, and related advisory guidance to small business clients throughout the piedmont region of the Carolinas. We value the meaningful relationships forged with our clients, and pride ourselves in quality work, attention to detail, and giving clients the peace-of-mind to focus on what they love doing because they know their tax/accounting responsibilities are in trustworthy hands! The current team at Mangum & Associates, led by our new president, will continue to honor our history while expanding into a very promising future.
- 1 PTO day per month
- Simple IRA after 1 year of employment
- HRA Plan
- 8 paid holidays
- A company you can personally and professionally grow with.
We are looking for a bookkeeper with problem solving skills, great attention to detail and is self-motivated.
- Maintain historical records by keeping documents neatly filed.
- Provide customer service excellence to small business clients
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Efficient Multitaskers that enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Proficient at researching issues and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize in a deadline driven environment
- Service-minded and customer service focused
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent data entry skills with high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding attention to detail and thoroughness
- Adept at analyzing information and dealing with complexity
Entry Level Duties:
- Complete company training
- Work with company accounting coach
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements
- Calculate and pay payroll and payroll taxes
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Prepare year-end reports, W2's and 1099's
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Understand and explain invoicing procedure to clients
- Front end back up/ client delivery
- Sorting, scanning & filing data pertaining to tax return.
- Meeting with and verifying/ reviewing data with clients.
- Assist in billing
Salary $30-40k based on experience