Why Work Here
Mangum & Associates is a well-established firm, with a 42-year track record of providing premier accounting services, tax return preparation, and related advisory guidance to small business clients throughout the piedmont region of the Carolinas. We value the meaningful relationships forged with our clients, and pride ourselves in quality work, attention to detail, and giving clients the peace-of-mind to focus on what they love doing because they know their tax/accounting responsibilities are in trustworthy hands! The current team at Mangum & Associates, led by our new president, will continue to honor our history while expanding into a very promising future.
- 1 PTO day per month
- Simple IRA after 1 year of employment
- HRA Plan
- 8 paid holidays
- A company you can personally and professionally grow with.
We are looking for bookkeepers, problem solvers, detailed taskmasters, and self-starters that are adept at transforming messy bookkeeping into well-kept financial records.
- Maintain historical records by keeping documents neatly filed.
- Provide customer service excellence to small business clients
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Efficient Multitaskers that enjoy a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Proficient at researching issues and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize in a deadline driven environment
- Service Minded and customer service focused
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent data entry skills with high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding attention to detail and thoroughness
- Adept at analyzing information and dealing with complexity
- Strong working knowledge of Financial Statements, including P&L and Balance Sheet, and the ability to review with/ explain to clients. —Preferred
- Intermediate to advanced QuickBooks desktop and QBO, Microsoft office suite user who enjoys learning new technology.
- Experience preparing monthly and year-end financial statements
- Experience in payroll filings, processing & tax agency interactions
- Experience preparing quarterly payroll tax reports
- Experience preparing sales tax returns
- Experience preparing year-end reports, W2’s and 1099’s
Salary $40-55k based on experience